A Harvey’s Sons was known for plumber’s tools and related forged products. Andrew Harvey operated a foundry and machine shop. His son, John, partnered with his father in 1855. The Detroit company became Andrew Harvey & Son in 1874. John became president when Andrew passed away in 1912. The company became A Harvey’s Sons between 1912 and 1914 when third son James became involved. James would later become president.
James E Wright received several patents for quick-adjust wrenches. They contained a fine-tooth rack and spring mechanism that allowed one-hand operation. Patent numbers for a pipe wrench include 949,107 and RE13,328. The wrench was manufactured by A Harvey’s Sons and is marked Harvey’s Wright Wrench. There is a logo with AHS in a diamond and patent dates in the handle.
Return to Home Page