The Akron Brass Manufacturing Company was formed in Akron, Ohio in 1918. Rubber lined fire hose was being made in Akron at the time. A few of the rubber company employees noticed that while they had the attention of fire equipment buyers, no fittings or nozzles were being manufactured locally. The company moved to Wooster, Ohio in 1921 and incorporated in 1935. A merger took place in 1962 with Premier Industrial.
Return to Home Page