Dr. Benjamin Franklin Goodrich began making rubber firehose under the White Anchor brand in 1870. Twenty Akron businessmen each contributed a thousand dollars to expand the company in 1874. This was Goodrich, Tew & Company. Incorporation of Goodrich & Company was in 1880. They were the first in Akron to make pneumatic tires and a pioneer in golf balls.
Some Goodrich spark plugs were made by AC.
Return to Home Page