Blackhawk Wrench

D M Sechler began the Sechler Company in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1877. The company incorporated in 1879 and DM sold out to his partner in 1887 who kept the name. D M then moved to Moline, Illinois where he established The D M Sechler Carriage Company to manufacture carriages, sulkies, and wagons. The Blackhawk corn planter was added in 1897 and a manure spreader in 1908. D M dies in 1910 when his son T M Sechler takes over renaming the company The D M Sechler Carriage & Implement Company. Brands included Blackhawk, Imperial, BB, and Sechler.
Return to Home page