Stanton Palmer was largely responsible for the formation of the Blue Point Manufacturing Company in 1925. He was already associated with Snapon and Motor Tool Specialties. The name was chosen for the Pigeon Blue color of heat-treated tools. A blue point chisel hardener was an actual occupational classification recognized by the US Employment Service.
The company marketed the Aladin Electro Plater. The patent was held by J F Batenberg issued in 1924. Batenberg soon began selling the electro plater on his own. Next was hand soap and dispensers, also in 1925. Then came chisels followed by wrenches. Blue Point merged with Snapon in 1930. The name still remains.
Return to Home Page