Buck Brothers

Buck Brothers

1853 John, Charles, and Richard Buck establish their business in Rochester, New York

1856 They move the business to Worcester, Mass

1864 Charles and Richard move to Millburg.

1872 Charles sells his share of the business and opens the Charles Buck Edge Tool Company. In 1880, Richard successfully sues Charles to stop use of the Buck name.

1878 Richard Buck builds the Riverlin Works.

1893 Buck Brothers wins a gold medal for its products at the World’s Columbia Exposition. Richard Buck dies the same year.

William Proctor, Richard’s son in law will later own Buck Brothers.

1914 Buck Bothers sells its hardware business to Thomas Northrup. Continues with agricultural implements, machines, and gas engines                                                                                                       return to home page


Web Hosting