The Crosby Company was founded in Buffalo in 1896 by William H Crosby to manufacture bicycle stampings. The Union Manufacturing and Specialty Company was officially organized in Buffalo in 1901 by W H Hill, W H Crosby, and A D Dana. Union changed its name to the Charles E Hall Company in 1906. Hall was purchased by Crosby and Hill in 1909. Hall continued to run as an independent company until purchased by Barcalo in 1914.
A bicycle wrench marked Charles E Hall Company appears to be patent number 701,584 dated June 3, 1902. The patent is by Dwight B Lee and assigned to Union Manufacturing.
Return to Home Page