Horace Clarence Marsh established the H C Marsh Tool Company in Rockford, Illinois in 1888. The first product was a picture frame machine. The company began selling Langdon miter boxes about 1903 and Ayer miter boxes about 1916. Edward Melvin Ayer was an employee who acquired patent number 1,006,521. Little information is available for the era wood planes were manufactured. Trademarks were assigned to Union Plane in 1928.
Return to Home Page