McKaig-Hatch was a leading manufacturer of automotive tool kits during the 1950s and 60s. The company was founded in 1913 by Archibald McKaig Sr, Chauncy B Hatch, and Frank S Leary. Archibald had been associated with McKaig-Dorntge Drop Forge, the Buffalo Roll & Forge Company, and the Buffalo Engine Company. The basis for the new company was plier patent number 1,116,093.
McKaig-Hatch was taken over by Tasa Coal Company somewhere between 1962 and 1967. Some resources list the date as 1962. Tasa was incorporated in 1917 and dissolution was in 2001.
Return to Home Page