Packer Auto Specialty Company return to home page
The following is a list of facts as found by researching old automobile and motorboating publications There appear to be an unusual number of addresses
1913 37 West Van Buren St. Chicago – E R Packer and Percival Manchester
2500 authorized shares capital stock
Incorporators William D Bangs, L Bell, William C Boyden
Manufactured ratchet sets and tire holders
Exhibited at the Motor and Accessories Show in NY 1916
Exhibited at the Grand Central Palace Show 1917
Patents are under R. Eben
Roller Chain Device 1,057,495
Tire Holder Patent 1,306,712
There is a much earlier wrench patent 131,359
1919 address 1201-3 Peoples Gas Building, Chicago, Ill.
1920 address 1420 South Michigan Ave. Chicago, Ill.
1922 address 2357 Michigan Ave. Chicago, Ill.
P. Q. Wray president 662 Buckingham Place Chicago
Speculation the logo “Ray” is taken from P. Q. Wray
1926 Owned by the Standard Motor Parts Company New Castle, Indiana (PAS Co)
1927 Merger George H. Rives and the Standard Motor Parts Company forming the Auto Accessories Corporation of America