The Gellman Wrench Corporation manufactured the adjustable Polly Wrench. Brothers IC & AW formed the Gellman Wrench Corporation in 1922 becoming Gellman Manufacturing in 1924. Advertised as “instant Positive”, the Polly wrench was introduced in 1925. The wrench was available in 6, 9, and 12 inch sizes. They are numbered 61, 91, and 121 respectively and all have patent date April 17, 1923. A new plant in Rock Island, Illinois was built the same year. Then, in 1932, the Mississippi Foundry was added. Gellman became AMCO Industries in 1963.
They were also distributors for Jaguars, Triumphs, Toyotas, and Aston-Martins.
Return to Home Page