Sheldon Axle Company

Charles L Sheldon formed Sheldon & Company in 1865 to manufacture wagon and buggy axles. First located in Auburn New York, the company moved to Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania in 1866 where it incorporated as the Sheldon Axle Company. Then, In 1886, the company reorganized as the Sheldon Axle Works. As market demand changed, springs for automobiles and wagons were added in 1900. To better reflect their business, the name changed to the Sheldon Axle & Spring Company in 1914. Brands names included “Easy Running” and “Easy Riding.”

Return to Home Page