The F L Smithe Machine Company made a spark plug wrench and gas gauge between 1919 and 1922. Ferdinand Ludwig Smithe formed a partnership with George H Hicks under the name Hicks and Scmidt in New York in 1898. Incorporation was in 1912 and became the F L Smithe Machine Company Inc. in 1918. The primary business was envelope machinery which they continued after a new factory was built in 1923. The machinery business was successful, operating through three generations until being sold.
Return to Home page