Watson, Woods Brothers, & Kelley imported English Shire and Percheron horses into America. Having fed silage to their horses, they understood silos and had an extensive list of farmers they had sold horses to. They acquired the Nebraska Silo Company and the Severence Tank & Silo Company. The Woods Brothers Silo & Manufacturing Company was incorporated in 1913. The company was reorganized in 1918 as the Lansing Silo Company. Lansing made vitrified tile silos. Lansing Silo was liquidated in 1926.
Return to Home Page